Friday, February 8, 2013

It's Gotta Get Done and No One Else is Going To Do It

That is my daily mantra.  Whether I am writing out company Christmas cards on top of trying to get my own Christmas cards out, or trying to decorate thirty Elmo cupcakes and keep my 3 year old out of them until party time, or just getting done what a normal day consists of, I know that no one else is going to step in and be mommy for me or be wifey for me- that might get a little awkward if someone did- thus, it is up to me and only me to keep things running smoothly with the military precision I was raised on.
A day in the life of Mama Mutch

A few months ago, another parent gasped in horror upon finding out that I don't drink coffee.  "But you're a mom, how do you get up in the morning without coffee?"  I replied, "I just do."  It sounds so simple and it sounds like I'm making myself out to be a rockstar super mom but, trust me, I'm not.  There are the days that I wake up and I don't feel like jumping out of bed and starting on my to-do list or I don't hit the ground running to my morning workout before heading to the office and guess what?  All of that stuff is still sitting there waiting for me when I finally decide to get around to it.  So I learned long ago, but not that long because I'm only 27, that things have to get done and no one else is going to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment